Well, it's Monday once again, and if I didn't know that already I would as soon as I scrolled through Facebook, as about 9 out of 10 status messages are about hating the fact that it is indeed Monday once again.
That got me thinking. With as much hatred as there is for Monday, maybe I should share some interesting Monday tidbits to help you get through the day.
Interesting Monday Facts:
1. 50% of workers are late for work on Monday.
2. Most suicides occur on Monday.
3. The number of heart-attack victims increase by 20% on Mondays.
4. Most people don't smile before 11:00 a.m. on a Monday.
5.The English noun Monday derived sometime around 1000 AD from the Old English word, monedæi, which literally translates to ‘moon’s day’. Because of its association with the moon and the moon’s tendency to wax and wane, many cultures view Monday as unlucky and even as a day when people literally lose their minds. The Latin word for moon, luna, is the root word for the English term, ‘lunacy’.
6. There are approximately 5,000 weddings and 10,000 child births every Monday.
7. You will see approximately 3600 Mondays in your lifetime.
8. On a positive note, Monday is the best day to buy a car, as it is said salesmen are more willing to negotiation on a Monday, thank on any other day of the week.
While you are trying to make it through your Monday head on over to the Mom's Monday Mingle blog hop. There are some great blogs over there, and they should make your Monday a bit more tolerable.