Friday, August 9, 2013

Five on Friday: Randomness As Usual

It’s time for Five on Friday, and this week it’s definitely going to be a random one. 

 

{ONE} Miss Ashley 

 



This was the second week of Ashley being home with me. She starts Kindergarten next Wednesday, so this week we spent a lot of quality time together. Monday she had to go get the last of her shots, which took hours longer than it should have, and was no fun for anyone. I hate hearing her cry, and I hate that she gets scared and says “Mommy don’t let them hurt me!” It definitely rips my heart out. I am already iffy on some of the shots, and this doesn’t help anything. Other than shots we had an awesome week. She came home from her dad’s with a bit of an attitude on Saturday, but got that out of her system this weekend. She and I had a talk and she threw the “Attitude Ashley” in the trash, and the sweet happy Ashley has spent the rest of the week with me. She has been on her best behavior, and very loving and sweet all week. I could write pages and pages about all the great times we had this week, and how helpful she has been, but I will simply say it has been wonderful! She brings so much joy and happiness to my life, and every day I am more and more amazed by her.



{TWO} De-Cluttering 

 


In addition to Ashley being in a great mood, we have had a pretty productive week around the house. I have been going through the house and attempting to de-clutter. This week I cleaned out my pantry, as well as the cabinets in both of the bathrooms. The amount of stuff I got rid of is crazy, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. I need to go through all of our clothes next. I did this around this time last year, but both of us are different sizes again (her bigger, me smaller) so I am sure there is a bunch more that can be moved to the donate pile.

{Three} Out and About 



I think another reason I am feeling productive this week is the fact that I now have a vehicle. It’s the first time in over two months that I have had the freedom to go out and do the things I needed to do, without relying on someone else. I can only drive in town, and during the day, but that still allowed for me to run several errands and for Ashley and I to go to the library. We had been walking to several different places, but we got a car just in time, since it rained off and on most of this week. I think Ashley is just as happy as I am that we have a car again.

{FOUR} Twitter Craziness 

I feel as if I have fallen into some crazy alternate universe when I am on Twitter. Recently when someone asked me about Twitter and my followers I realized I don’t really have any (or not many at least) regular followers over there. I know that’s a weird thing to say, but it really is true. I have some comedians, some recording artists, several people from The Voice, radio DJs, numerous authors, and many amazing bloggers. Then yesterday B.J. Thomas started following me, after I sent him a birthday tweet. I understand none of you will understand why that is a huge deal to me, but I will do a blog to fill you all in soon. I have also received tweets from Neta Jackson who wrote the Yada Yada Prayer group books, some from Bluegrass Superstar Rhonda Vincent, and many others. Some of these people only tweet me once or twice, but others I am happy to call friends. If you would have asked me a year ago if I would be in constant communication with so many people I consider famous I would have laughed you out of the room, but here I am now, and that’s the reality I live in. I talk to these people. Several of them call me or send me text messages on a weekly basis. They might be famous, but they are my friends, and the fact that I can say that is an amazing feeling. I remember the day I was texting with Austin Blood, who happens to be an amazing Blogger, and actually was one of the first people I got really nervous about talking to, because he has such a huge following. As we were talking back and forth I asked what he was doing and he says “Oh responding to a tweet from Jenny McCarthy. “ I seriously about fell over, and of course my response was, “If you could be talking to her, why are you talking to me?” He quickly replied, “They are all just regular people.” He went on to tell me how he was star struck in the beginning, but soon I would be just like him and just consider them regular people too, or maybe even friends. Well he was right, here I am a few months down the road, and now I am the one getting the questions. “How did you get them to talk to you? How do I get them to follow me? Why are you talking to me if you could be talking to them?” Well I quickly learned they are all indeed just regular people, and I think the fact that I treat them that way is how I am able to call so many of them friends. That doesn’t mean I don’t get super excited and turn into a bit of a fan girl when I first find out someone is following me, but they don’t see that part, and then I quickly get over it (or write blogs like this about it. ;-) )

{Five} Love, Love, Love 



I feel like number five on my list shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. Other than talking about Ashley, I believe this topic might be my most common… and that is that I am so happy and grateful to have Larry in my life. This week is no exception. Last weekend he helped me get my new vehicle, and all week he has been wonderful. Sunday and Monday I had some fun times with him and the girls, and even though a lot of that time was spent running errands it was still enjoyable. Even though that time together was good, it wasn’t my favorite of the week. My favorite of the week was when he stopped by on Tuesday. He came in, sat down next to me, and wrapped his arms around me without saying a word. Eventually he said, “I figured today was a hard and emotional day for you so I wanted to make sure we stopped by.” I was a bit shocked that he knew that day would be a bit of a hard one. I asked him how he knew, and he said “Well, I was with you last year.” For those of you who don’t know, Tuesday was the anniversary of the helicopter “crash” in Afghanistan that killed 31 American Military, many of whom were Navy Seals; including the older brother of someone I was very close to in college. I can’t explain exactly why his death hits me harder than others, or why that day is always burned into my head. I really think it’s because we all kind of thought he was invincible. He was young and had a full life ahead of him, but he was taken anyway. It’s one of those things I just can’t wrap my brain around, no matter how hard I try. Larry knows and understands this, and him coming by that day really meant a lot to me. It was an evening I wouldn’t have normally seen him, and he had other things to do that evening, but he made it a point to stop by even if just for a short period, and that meant the world to me. Then last night we had another great night. We ran a couple errands, and he helped me with a couple things around the house, but most importantly he helped lift my mood and bring a smile to my face. I hadn’t been feeling well most of the day, and was a bit down because of that, but talking with him about everything going on, and knowing he was there for me, really helped lift my spirits. So basically that is me rambling about a bunch of things that all sum up into… my boyfriend rocks and I love him bunches, and am so happy I get to call him mine!  



Well, those are the five random things on my mind this week. What’s on your mind? Leave me a comment and let me know! I love hearing from you guys. While you’re at it why don’t you go ahead and subscribe so you don’t miss out on any of the upcoming posts. Once you are done with that take a few minutes and visit some of the awesome blogs on this Five on Friday Link Up. You won’t be disappointed.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE all of these quotes.... the last one especially!!

    And that's awesome about Twitter -- fun to have that connection with people that you never would in real life! I have yet to jump on the Twitter bandwagon simply because I already feel overrun and too busy with social media (which I love, but hate too ... ha!).

    So glad you joined the link-up and said hello on my blog today!! Excited to follow along!

    -Darci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. The last one is actually a combination of two quotes, but I liked it better that way ;-) Thanks for stopping by. I have loved following your blog the last few weeks.

      I was very reluctant to join twitter, but I love it now. A week or so ago I made a comment about going to see Warren Stone (from The Voice) or him coming up here and sleeping on my couch. It was in that moment I realized my life is bizarre. Imagine how that conversation went with my boyfriend.... Hey so there is this adorable singer on TV and well you know we have become friends and talk regularly. I think I am going to invite him to come up. He could do a show here and crash on my couch... he knows we are friends, and has talked to him himself, but of course his reaction wasn't oh of course honey I would be totally comfortable with that ;-)

      Delete
  2. I really need to declutter! I love the feeling afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete