Thursday, July 26, 2012

Top 10 Thursday

I would like to post a different Top 10 List every Thursday. I would love you to leave me your Top 10 for the week in comments, or leave me a comment with something you would like me to make a Top 10 post about.

I happen to be a huge fan of quotes. I like them for all different reasons... some are funny, some make me think, some represent my views, some bring back memories etc. I love so many it was hard to chose, but I tried to pick some I like for multiple different reasons. So this week's Top 10.....

Top 10 Favorite Quotes (in no particular order):

1. "Shoot for the moon. even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." - Brian Littrell


I have always had a bit of an obsession with stars, and this has been one of my favorite quotes for many years. I have lots of star themes decorations, sheets, etc. around my house. In college I had hundreds and hundreds of glow in the dark stars all over my ceiling and walls.


2. “Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” - A.A Milne

I love this quote, and use it frequently in my classroom. I think it is an important thing for all my students to remember.


3. “You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
― Willian W. Purkey



4. “In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.”  - Robert Frost


5. “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” -  Maya Angelou

I completely believe in this quote. You might not remember the circumstances surrounding every situation, but you are likely to remember how good or bad someone made you feel in the situation. 

6. “The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.” - Mark Twain
As a teacher and an avid reader I love this quote. Everyone should take advantage of the books around them.

7. “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” - Apple Inc.



8. “If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” - J.K.  Rowling




9. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
I love this quote for many reasons. I think it is important for people to really care about what they believe in. This is also the first movie Ashley and I went to see just the two of us after Jay moved out.


10. "An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth.
Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth".
~author unknown


This is the canvas a friend made me using the quote above. He gave it to me for Mother's  Day this year in honor of our baby lost in January. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment