Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Terrific Tuesday

Sometimes life gets crazy and it is easy to focus on the bad things going on, so today I want to stop and mention a few terrific things I have in my life.

Family: Obviously Ashley is a very important part of my life, but in addition to Ashley I have some other terrific family members. I am blessed to have a close relationship with them, and that Ashley has a close relationship with them. Not everyone is that lucky. Ashley sees her grandparents and uncles multiple times a week, she sees one of her great grandmas about once a week. She sees other aunts, uncles, great grandparents, cousins etc. multiple times throughout the year. These are people she really knows and loves not just someone she is technically related to. They are actually part of her life and they are forming memories she won't ever forget.

Ashley and Grandma (my mom) at the pool.

Cousins: Yes I know cousins are family, but my cousins are more than just family they are friends.  My cousins were some of my best friends growing up, and some of them are still some of my best friends. The weekend after the 4th of July I was able to go to Rolla and stay with my cousins. We had a wonderful time catching up, and I love how we view things so similarly. My cousin and his wife are wonderful people and I love spending time with them. I love how we can talk about everything so comfortably. I love how well our kids all play together, and I love that there is no judgement there.

Jenna and Ashley playing at the park.

In addition to these cousins I also got to spend some time with one of my second cousins, who was also a huge part of my childhood. Our parents were best friends while we were growing up, so all of us spent many many weekends together. I love getting to spend time with her and her family. I love being able to catch up, and I love that we can talk as if no time has really passed.

Ciera (my second cousin) and I enjoying the octopus! Well I was enjoying it, she was threatening to kill me for making her go on it lol.


Ashley and baby Remington (Ciera's son). Ashley loved him, and wanted to just be touching him and patting him all the time.



While there are many other terrific things in my life I think I will leave it at these for today. So on this Tuesday take a minute to stop thinking about the terrible things in your life, and focus on the terffic things!




No comments:

Post a Comment