Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Working Wednesday

For this working Wednesday you get a special treat, you actually get to see "my work." Today was our first official day back for the school year. On Monday afternoon I found out I would be teaching first grade this year, instead of third, and would be changing classrooms. As much as I will miss third grade, and I have enjoyed teaching it, I really LOVE 1st grade and am very excited about this year.

Today we spent most of the day in meetings, but I was able to get some work done in the classroom, and thought I would share a sneak peak with all of you!


This is what my classroom looked like at the beginning of the day.

This is my helped board... on back to school night I take a picture of each kid with a cowboy hat on, and those pictures get placed on each of the pockets. Then I move the sticks with the jobs on them once a week.

This is the bulletin board right inside my room. It has a bandana print on it. I haven't decided for sure what is going to go on it yet.


Fantastic work board, notice the silver mirrored paper. I think the kids will love it. Then I have a textured brick paper over the mailboxes, and I am considering putting their birthdays there.


The start of my reading corner. The brown paper is my Word Wall.


Calendar board, it needs some labels and such still.


Teacher books and such next to my desk.


My other cowboy and the drawers I use to keep special monthly holiday things in.

Word Wall and reading corner


I am sure I will have more pictures for all of you soon as my room continues to come together. The beginning of the school year is always so exciting, and I can't wait for all the kiddos to be in the classroom again, 

No comments:

Post a Comment