Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Terrific Tuesday

It's that time of the week again.... time to stop and look at the blessings we have in our lives.

This week my special blessing is my students.

Last night was "back to school" night and I got to meet all of my incoming students. In addition to seeing all the bright shining faces of my new 1st graders, I also got visited by many past students. There is nothing like having past students stop by to see you, and give you giant hugs. Some of these kiddos are going into 5th grade now, and yet they still stop by and give me hugs, find out how I am doing, and update me on their summer adventures. One of my students from last year got to dig up dinosaur bones over the summer..... how cool is that?




They say.... "It takes 4 hugs a day to survive, 8 hugs a day to maintain, and 12 hugs a day to grow." My students definitely help me meet this quota everyday, and for that I am forever thankful. I love being able to impact their lives. I like teaching them things, and watching them grow. It is important to me that they know that they can come to me at anytime and I will be there for them. My students are a very important part of my life. They are the reason I do what I do, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment