Thursday, September 13, 2012

Top 10 Thursday

Top 10 Things To Do On A Rainy Day:

1. Play in the rain: The neighborhood kids and I use to always go out and play in the rain. We would take our shoes off and jump in all the puddles. We would come home soaking wet, but it was so much fun.



2. Sit on the porch/ balcony and watch the rain: Sitting and watching the rain has to be one of the most calming things someone can do. Plus the smell of rain is awesome.

3. Read a book: I love reading, and admittedly just about everything is a good excuse to read. Curling up in a blanket and reading on a rainy day is best though.


The person who deserves most pity is a lonesome one on a rainy day 
who doesn't know how to read.


4. Watch a movie: What better way to pass the day than to cuddle up with someone you love and watch a movie.

5.  Color: I remember when we were little we had giant coloring books that we would drag out on rainy days.  Coloring is another fun activity that can be really relaxing.



6. . Take a Nap: It is very hard for me to take naps, but rainy days make it much easier. Something around the rain makes me want to curl up in bed and take a little rest.

7.  Play games: I love playing board games and card games. When everyone is stuck inside because of the rain it is a great time to pull out a game and have some fun.





8. Knit: This past year I have started knitting again. It is something I really enjoy doing. It helps me relax, but also makes me feel like I am accomplishing something. Sitting and watching the rain while knitting on my latest project is a great way to pass the day.


9. Cook: I have recently taken more of an interest in cooking. I especially like cooking in my crock pot. On rainy days I tend to throw in a soup or some chili. It smells delicious all day, and helps keep the chill away when you eat it.

10. Work around the house: I tend to use rainy days to catch up on laundry or make sure the dishes are done. If you can't get out of the house you might as well make your house an enjoyable place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment