Saturday, September 1, 2012

I come to you with a heavy heart...

In general I try to keep this blog upbeat and not put much out there that is heavy. However, today that is going to change a little. Over the last couple weeks I have watched many people in my life deal with some extreme losses. People at work have lost family members, and others have family members with very brief time left. I have friends dealing with losses and trying times in their life. I watch children dealing with major medical issues that no one can explain.  I am trying to wrap my brain around it all, but it just seems there is so much pain out there right now. Yesterday one of my coworkers said in the past 2 weeks she knows personally of 14 deaths. Doesn't that seem extreme? Why is all of this happening right now?

I feel like so many of us are out there trying to lift ourselves back up off that ground only to get knocked right back down. I know in my own life I felt like I was really getting to a better place with things, and that everything was falling in place. Yet now I am getting overwhelmed with new things, and things I really don't even understand. Then I ask myself why can't things just be good? Can't people have a period in their life where they aren't dealing with constant struggles, or pain, or loss? I keep being told that God has a reason for everything, but I honestly don't understand what the reason for all of this is. People can only handle so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment