It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday list. As I sat down to write this, and was narrowing the topics, I decided I needed a laugh today and you would probably appreciate one as well. So this week I bring you ten of the strangest laws around. Some will make you laugh and others will simply make you shake your head.
1. In Virginia, chickens cannot lay eggs before 8:00 a.m., and must be done before 4:00 p.m.
2. In Miami, it is forbidden to imitate an animal.
3. In Oklahoma, no team can hit the ball over the fence, or out of the ballpark.
4. In Missouri, a man must have a permit to shave.
5. In California it is illegal for animals to mate within 15,000 feet of educational buildings, worship buildings, and bars. Who exactly is going to enforce this one, and what happens to the animals if caught?
6. In Florida while wearing swimming gear, it is illegal to sing in a public place.
7. In Kansas, when two trains meet at a crossing, “both shall come to full stop and neither shall start up again until the other has gone.” I'll just let you think about this one for a minute!
8. In Eureka, Nevada. it is illegal for men who have mustaches to kiss women.
9. In St. Louis, Missouri, it is illegal for a fireman to rescue a woman wearing a nightgown. If she wants to be rescued, she must be fully clothed.
10. In Florida it is illegal to fart in public after six o'clock in the evening on Sundays.
Bonus: In Washington, a law prohibits anyone from having sex with a virgin under any circumstances, including the wedding night.