Monday, May 12, 2014

I Know You're Not


It's been bugging me for weeks.
It's running through my head, over and over and over again.
It won't stop.
It's making me crazy.
Why can't I stop thinking about it?
It was just a simple act of kindness.
It shouldn't even matter.
It's not a big deal; right?
It didn't mean anything; did it?
Is it because it highlighted a difference?
Yes maybe that's it.
Maybe I've figured it out.
Now I can stop thinking about it.
NO! That's not it.
It did show that, but there's something else.
I continue to think about it.
It continues to plague my thoughts.
I continue to exam it.
I can't make it stop.
STOP IT!
It doesn't matter.
Really, it's not a big deal.
It's really not.
I know that...
Don't I?
Yes!  I know that, I really do.
But then WHY can't I stop thinking about it?
I don't want to think about it anymore.
It doesn't matter.
I really don't care.
There is no significance.
But here I am...
Thinking about it again.
Still trying to figure out why I care.
Still trying to figure out what difference it makes?
WAIT! I think I've got it.
I've FINALLY figured it out!
Maybe the act itself isn't significant at all...
Yes, that's it.
The act itself isn't significant
What's significant is that when you asked, I answered "I'm fine" but without another word, you reacted as if to say "I know you're not."





No comments:

Post a Comment