Monday, October 21, 2013

Make It Monday: Tree Art

A few months ago I decided that I wanted to do an art project and create something to hang in the large open space over my couch. After many hours of searching on Pinterest I found these two projects that I loved, and decided to combine the two ideas.


http://www.pinterest.com/pin/25895766580535290/


http://www.pinterest.com/pin/25895766580531779/

I purchased the canvases on sale at Hobby Lobby and then the project began.

First we tea stained all four canvases. This took multiple coats to get it the color I wanted. I also had some help from my little one on this. (please tell me I am not the only one who now has the Wonder Years song stuck in my head.)









Next I used a leaf punch and cut multiple leaves from a variety of different scrapbook papers.




Once they were cut I painted the tree and began adding the leaves with mod podge.



 Last I used Mod Podge to cover the entire canvas and then added on the multi-colored buttons.





The completed project. It is far from perfect, but I still love it, and am glad it is something Ashley and I did together.



This is now hanging on the wall over my couch. I am working on a few more things for that wall as well, and hope to be sharing some of them with you soon.

What creative things have you been working on lately? Leave me a comment I would love to hear from you!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Katie
    These are very cool. So glad to have you co-host with us this week. You have a wonderful blog.
    Sew Crafty Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for co-hosting and I'll be right over with a large glass of milk for some of those pumpkin donuts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. You should come on over, the doughnuts are seriously delightful!

      Delete